So I'm a African American, 33 year old, Gay man who weights about 260 pounds right now. I live in a medium sized city of Bridgeport Ct and this morning as I was looking on my phone using the app; Growlr; I noticed something. There's a medium size group of guys in my area, but most of the conversations I've had with these guys usually end up with them wanting to either swap nude pictures or just hook up. I've expanded my search area on the app and started chatting with a few guys from further upstate and Long Island and I'm pretty much getting the same reactions. Guys who think I'm hot and think I have a huge cock and that's pretty much it.
I've been chatting with a friend I've made on Growlr these last few months yet, we've never officially met yet. At times its felt more like a pen pal then an actual person you could met up on a regular bases and build an friendship from, but we've gotten to the point where we chat every other day through various means of communication. I told him about one of my other friends whom I've met through my boyfriend now fiancé; and how he has a date with another guy I chatted with on Growlr new years eve.. My friend told me he knew both of those guys from Growlr and how both of them have tried getting into his pants. At first I laughed and then he said, "Small World", and that's what struck a cord with me.
Here in this area, it is a small world! Half the guys here in Bridgeport, CT I've chatted on and off with over the last few months most of my friends have also chatted with or even hooked up with. And I started wondering? Where is the Bear Community? I feel as if there really isn't one.
When Growlr first got introduced, I was happy and excited.. I found an app where I could find guys who felt like I did. I didn't fit into the so-called cookie cutter gay community. I'm a waist size 42 and not a size 30. I have a gut and not a six pack, I've got an below average size dick and not these anacondas they advertise on movies, magazines, and porn. I've come to accept these simple truths about myself.. I eat right sometimes, I workout when I can, I quit smoking a while ago and I've found my partner for life. but still trying to find friends to enjoy the simple things in life seem to be the hardest thing now. In the beginning I used Growlr as an app in the hopes of finding friends and in hopes of finding a boyfriend; and after a while it worked. but now in terms of finding friends its seem that most if not all the guys I've meet are all in the "Trading Pic" or " hookup" category.
No comments:
Post a Comment